The Ambria Group of Companies is a Vaughan-based real estate investment firm, strategically integrated for the purposes of land acquisition, financing, development and construction. Our seasoned management team brings decades of knowledge, integrity and expertise to the construction process. Ambria has evolved and grown since inception by being involved and responsible for the creation of thousands of low-rise and high-rise homes in a broad range of successful new communities.
Ambria offers a full range of diversified construction services, while offering a safe and progressive work environment for our employees. We demand excellence, deliver on our promises and continuously search for new and better ways to provide the best solutions to our valued customers.
With our continued rapid growth, we are currently seeking a talented, dynamic and ambitious individual to join our Accounting and Finance team as Assistant Controller.
The Assistant Controller shall complete payments and control expenses by supervising receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, as well as synthesizes the captured data into monthly reporting packages for either bankers or other stakeholders as required. You will report directly to the V.P. Finance/CFO and have 1-2 direct reports as subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts in a job costing environment by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Oversee payment of vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying job numbers; cost coding, scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase order discrepancies, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Oversee payment of trade suppliers by approving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; and approving the preparing of cheques.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and overseeing posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Prepare bank monthly bank reconciliations for multiple project entities
- Preparing all HST reporting/remittances to CRA on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis as applicable
- CRA Regulations (WSIB, Source Deductions, EHT, HST, T4 etc) Responsibility for compliance with government reporting requirements
- Calculate and prepare unionized payroll remittances
- Prepare monthly construction loan draw packages for various projects, as applicable
- Preparation of budget, financial forecast, cash flow, and report variances
- Prepare annual financial statement packages for external accountant
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Controller or similar role
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team of 1-2 accounts payable personnel
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. Scanners, fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and within tight deadlines for monthly reporting deadlines
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Dependable and punctual
- Accounting Degree or equivalent specialization, additional certification in Office Management is a required
- Designation an Asset (CIB, CPA, PCP, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years related in Accounting role
- 2+ years related experience in the construction industry/real estate-development
- Experience with Quickbooks/Builderlynx/Jonas is an asset, proficiency would be ideal
- Tracking Budget Expenses in a Job Costing environment
- Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information
- Accounting, Vendor Relationships
- PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Excel and Word is a must
Ambria provides a unique career opportunity within a progressive supportive work environment promoting continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ambria is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only qualified candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. Please be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.