The Ambria Group of Companies is a Vaughan-based real estate investment firm, strategically integrated for the purposes of land acquisition, financing, development and construction. Our seasoned management team brings decades of knowledge, integrity and expertise to the construction process. Ambria has evolved and grown since inception by being involved and responsible for the creation of thousands of low-rise and high-rise homes in a broad range of successful new communities.
Ambria offers a full range of diversified construction services, while offering a safe and progressive work environment for our employees. We demand excellence, deliver on our promises and continuously search for new and better ways to provide the best solutions to our valued customers.
With our continued rapid growth, we are currently seeking a talented, dynamic and ambitious individual to join our team as a Design Coordinator.
The Design Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with homeowners, construction personnel, consultants and trade contractors.
- Ensure coordination between the Sales, Project Management and Construction teams.
- Assist in the preparation of the Décor Catalogue per project and general maintenance.
- Obtain and review trade/supplier cost with the construction team to determine the retail values.
- Scheduling and effective time management of décor appointments.
- Meet with purchasers to provide professional assistance in the selection of structural changes, interior finishes and colours for their new homes.
- Manage all documentation to finalize selections with purchasers during their décor appointments.
- Respond to and provide immediate resolution to homeowner enquiries.
- Prepare and submit for approval purchaser colour charts, extras and amendments.
- Manage any change orders and/or the re-selections of upgrades and colours, as required.
- Prepare all required paperwork and asist with the design and decoration of Model Homes/Suites and Sales Centres, including structural alterations, finish selections and furnishing.
- Assist with preparation of furniture/space plan for each room of the Model Homes/Suites.
- Manage the procurement of selected materials while monitoring the budget for completion of the Model Homes/Suites and Sales Centres.
- Provide regular progress reporting to management to measure the sales and costs relating to all customer upgrade orders.
- Continuously work on improving the customer experience to exceed customer expectations.
- Provide input and feedback to management to improve the Décor process.
- Continually work towards self-development to stay current as it relates to design trends, customer expectations and the Construction Industry standard.
- You have interior design related training in a similar role with 3+ years of progressive experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Strong knowledge of High-Rise and Low-Rise construction processes including scheduling, sequencing and timelines.
- Working knowledge of construction management software packages (Builderlynx) and strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office).
- Experience working on large residential projects within a strong team-based environment focused on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
- Ability to create and manage the document control process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Superior customer service skills, with a passion for design.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct-report tasks for prompt execution.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to work some irregular hours, as required
- Valid Driver License and access to a vehicle
- Ability to move from site to site within Southern Ontario, as required.
Ambria provides a unique career opportunity within a progressive supportive work environment promoting continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your resume to email@example.com
Ambria is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only qualified candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. Please be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.