The Ambria Group of Companies is a Vaughan-based real estate investment firm, strategically integrated for the purposes of land acquisition, financing, development and construction. Our seasoned management team brings decades of knowledge, integrity and expertise to the construction process. Ambria has evolved and grown since inception by being involved and responsible for the creation of thousands of low-rise and high-rise homes in a broad range of successful new communities.
Ambria offers a full range of diversified construction services, while offering a safe and progressive work environment for our employees. We demand excellence, deliver on our promises and continuously search for new and better ways to provide the best solutions to our valued customers.
With our continued rapid growth, we are currently seeking a talented, dynamic and ambitious individual to join our Construction team as Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Providing overall construction management from pre-construction to project completion including design, coordination, budget, and scheduling
- Regularly meet with Owners, Architects, Consultants, Trade Contractors and other Stakeholders in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the teams ongoing development and progression to instill a positive working relationship.
- Participating in the review of design documentation and seeking resolution from the design team with respect to compliance, level of design completeness, accuracy, scope of work, cost optimization, code requirements, procurement, safety in design, construction sequencing, and constructability.
- Identifying from the design documents areas requiring interdisciplinary coordination, scope gaps, and technical risk. Providing performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
- Participating in the design management meetings led by the Prime Consultant, communicates Ambria’s needs and requirements and escalates issues of concerns to the senior management for resolution.
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors’ submittals leveraging the assistance of other team members for compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with other disciplines against the design documents prior to forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Implement the project Health & Safety plan, leading by example to ensure that the policies, procedures and standards are followed.
- Developing and implementing quality management plan and Quality Control.
- Developing the Project Execution Plan with the Superintendent.
- Monitor control measures to ensure compliance with issued permits and mitigate any risks of non-compliance.
- Understand and perform document control functions, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements and maintain project expediting list.
- Develop, implement and monitor the construction schedule to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Assisting the project team in coordinating and monitoring the design deliverable schedule to facilitate and/or assist with permits, procurement, shop drawings, offsite production, construction, and commissioning in conjunction with the review and sign off by the Stakeholders.
- Assisting with site inspections by the design team to resolve constructability and site coordination issues and review and sign off on functionality, requirements, and code compliance.
- Participating in overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Work with stakeholders and senior management to develop clear, trackable, and executable project scope, specifications, and plans.
- Communicate project scope, plan, and desired outcomes with stakeholders, contractors, and internal staff.
- Work closely with the senior management in drafting contracts.
- Obtain quotes, issue purchase orders, and track deliverables from third party suppliers and contractors.
- Liaise with Owners and Consultants in a professional manner and effectively communicate both the concerns and the best interests of the project.
- In conjunction with project team, submit project reports and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk that need to be escalated.
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts, revisions, and major purchase orders, and monitors their progress and schedule.
- Understands and enforces the contract/contract documents and resolves disputes
- Manages all change orders, including negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Prepares and/or verifies progress payments to suppliers and trade contractors, and monitors progress.
- Creating cost-management structure for budgets, productivities, crew rates, etc. Interfacing with the project team, consultants, and trade contractors as necessary.
- Performing weekly or monthly detailed project cost review: Labor Cost Reports and Project Cost to Complete Forecast reports.
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate and maintain a positive cash flow and prepare Project Manager Reports, accurately and timely for submission and review with senior management.
- Monitor project performance relating to: schedule; costs; equipment; human resources; materials; safety; environment and quality control.
- You have a construction related degree/diploma with training in engineering, construction management, or a related discipline and 5+ years of progressive construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Knowledge and application of health, safety, and environment principles/procedures/legislation, with the ability and experience in the implementing of a strong safety culture.
- Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction methods and procedures.
- You have a thorough working knowledge of construction scopes and activities, project management including scheduling, sequencing, timelines, problem solving and contract software.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes.
- Be aware of new construction methods and techniques that improve productivity.
- Have a good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations.
- Ability to create and manage the document control process
- Ability to write and administer subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Understanding of insurance, bonding, and legal requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Experience working on a large residential projects within a strong team-based environment focused on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a team while developing and maintaining strong relations with other managers, consultants, designers, supervisors and trade contractors.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct-report tasks for prompt execution.
- Ability to manage project budgets and create and schedule a project.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting principles and processes.
- Experience with cost and change management.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ambria provides a unique career opportunity within a progressive supportive work environment promoting continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your resume to email@example.com
Ambria is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only qualified candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. Please be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.